We have wide experience of advising farmers, landowners and people affected by farming on a broad spectrum of environmental issues.
- claims of nuisance from agricultural use (typically noise and smells)
- claims of nuisance from non-agricultural use (e.g. clay pigeon shoots, motor sports)
- water pollution
- flooding and run-off claims
- waste disposal and land refill
- SSSI prosecutions
- designation of land with high nature conservation value and species protection
- disputes over Countryside Stewardship and Higher Level Environmental Stewardship
- common land
- town and village greens
We negotiate and prepare joint ventures and other agreements between landowners, government agencies and non-governmental nature conservation bodies. We also advise on nature conservation, compensation and mitigation schemes associated with major developments, including windfarms.